Road rage incident leads to crash on I-85 | Crime
CONCORD - The highway patrol says a road rage incident on Interstate 85 in Cabarrus County triggered an accident involving two-vehicles Thursday afternoon.
The accident was in the northbound lanes of I-85 near Dale Earnhardt Boulevard.
According to state trooper D. J. Freeman, a woman who was driving a green minivan was involved in a road rage situation with the driver of a Range Rover.
Freeman said the woman swerved to avoid the Range Rover and went into the guide wires in the median separating the north and southbound lanes of traffic.
When Freeman arrived to investigate the accident, he said the driver of a white car who was not paying attention slid into the median striking the green van.
The trooper said the woman who was pinned in the green van should recover from her injuries. A baby who was in the back of the van was not injured.
The driver of the Range Rover was not involved in the crash and no one was able to get the tag number of that vehicle, Freeman said.
By Jeff Rivenbark - email
Copyright 2010 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map