National Free Shipping Day coming up, BBB says | Business
Procrastinators rejoice - there is some last minute help getting those Christmas gifts where they need to go.... for free!
If you are a last minute shopper who loves the convenience of ordering online, the Better Business Bureau wants you to mark December 17 on your calendar!
December 17 is National Free Shipping Day and more than 1,000 retailers are planning to participate.
Not only will you save on shipping fees, but you also get guaranteed delivery by Christmas eve, December 24. (Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!)
For a complete list of companies that will be offering free shipping, please visit: http://www.freeshippingday.com/
“This is a great way for online shoppers to save money on shipping fees,” said BBB President Tom Bartholomy. “With the popularity of online shopping skyrocketing, the BBB wants to remind shoppers about online safety.”
But before you get overly excited and start buying from every online site you can find... there are some tips the Better Business Bureau wants you to remember.
- Protect your computer with spam filters, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and a secure firewall.
- Shop on trustworthy websites – You can check online retailers out at www.bbb.org.
- Confirm your online purchase is secure – You should only enter personal information such as credit card numbers in secure, encrypted websites. Look in the address box for the “s” in https:// and in the lower-right corner for the “padlock” symbol before paying.
- Pay with a credit card – When you are shopping online, you should pay with a credit card because credit cards offer you the most buyer protections.
- Keep documentation of your order until you receive it.
- Check your credit card statements after shopping online to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions.
- Understand the online retailer’s delivery date guarantee, order cancellation and return policies.
For more information, please visit www.bbb.org or call the BBB at (704) 927-8617 or toll-free in N.C. and S.C. at 1-877-317-7236
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died
- Police: man jailed after knife attack on his own mother
- Newlywed man shot in head during break-in was supposed to be at Florida prison with church choir