Naked teen leads deputies on high-speed chase | Crime
KANNAPOLIS, NC (WBTV) - Sheriff's deputies have arrested a Kannapolis teen who they say was naked and led officers on a high-speed chase Saturday night.
According to a spokesman for the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, Charles Eric Mance, 18, and a 17-year-old female companion were parked at the Kannapolis Intimidators Stadium off Lane Street.
When the deputy spotted Mance's car and approached the vehicle, Mance took off leading deputies on a high-speed chase.
When the chase ended, Mance stepped outside the vehicle and that's when deputies discovered he was naked.
The female was not charged. Officials did not say whether or not she was clothed.
Mance was charged with fleeing to elude law enforcement, careless and reckless driving, failure to stop for a stop sign, and failure to burn headlights.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map