School lock down lifted as search continues for 2 suspects in Cabarrus Co. | Crime
CABARRUS COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - A school in Cabarrus County was placed on lock down for more than an hour Thursday afternoon while sheriff's deputies searched for two breaking and entering suspects.
The two men were wanted for a break-in which occurred sometime overnight at the old Bethel Elementary School.
Thursday afternoon, the sheriff's office received a tip the suspects were in the area of the new Bethel Elementary School near Highway 24/27 which is in Midland near the Cabarrus/Mecklenburg County line.
The school was placed on lock down while deputies searched on the ground and from the air using a police helicopter.
As of 3:30 p.m., the suspects were still at-large.
The suspects are described as black males with a skinny build. They are about 6' tall. One was wearing blue jeans and a green hoodie. The other man was wearing blue jeans and a dark shirt.
If you know where they may be, call Cabarrus County Crime Stoppers at 704-93-CRIME.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map