Woman, children held at knifepoint at Concord Mills | Crime
CONCORD, NC (WBTV) – Police are looking for a man who held a woman and her children at knifepoint during a robbery outside a shopping mall in Cabarrus County Friday morning.
The incident occurred at 11:11 a.m. at Concord Mills located on Concord Mills Boulevard.
A woman said she was robbed at knifepoint outside Entry 7. She said the robber ordered her to surrender several personal items. Neither she nor her children were harmed during the robbery, police said.
The suspect drove away in possibly a black, Lincoln Town Car with dark tinted windows. The car had a North Carolina license plate with red letters and one of them was the letter "X".
The car was driven by another person.
The robbery suspect is described as a black male who is approximately 6 feet tall and weighs about 165 pounds. He was wearing a black mask with eye and mouth holes. He was also wearing a light colored (possibly gray) T-shirt and light gray basketball shorts.
As of Monday morning, police said they were still looking for the suspect.
If you know anything about this crime or who the suspect may be, call the Concord Police Department at 704-920-5000 or 704-920-5580. Information can also be sent to Cabarrus County Crimestoppers at 704-93-CRIME.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died
- Police: man jailed after knife attack on his own mother