Drunk teen crashes through Christmas decorations, police say | Crime
KANNAPOLIS - A teenage drunk driver left a mess in the front yard of a Kannapolis home after running off the road, wrecking Christmas decorations and landscaping, an accident report with Kannapolis Police said.
According to the report, 19-year-old Dominique Juwan Phifer was speeding along McLain Road around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. He lost control of the car, hit a ditch and ran off the road into the front yard of a home in the 900 block, the report states.
Phifer jumped and ran from the car but was caught a short time later by police, the report says.
Police said Phifer hit several items in the yard, including a gas lamp, Christmas decorations, landscaping lights and rock and concrete blocks.
According to Kannapolis Police records, Phifer was charged with DWI, reckless driving and injury to personal property.
Police estimate damage to the front yard on McLain Road to be about $2,000 and another $700 to the gas line from the gas lamp.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Newlywed man shot in head during break-in was supposed to be at Florida prison with church choir
- Suspect ID'd in newlywed shooting, considered armed & dangerous
- NASCAR fires up the cars at CMS for testing; watch it free from inside
- Icy conditions for the Carolinas?
- Jeff Childress Named Catawba’s Interim Director of Athletics