Criterium promises to be one of the most exciting sports events in Charlotte | Events
On April 14th, 2012, the Men's 50-mile twilight criterium and the Women's 25-mile criterium will be held on the streets of center city Charlotte. The Women's event starts at 6:00pm followed by the Men's event at 7:30pm, pre race festivities begin 1 hour before the women's event. The event is part of the USA Cycling's National Criterium Calendar (NCC) the USA CRITS National Series and attracts Professional riders from around the world.
The event will be spectator friendly and will be held on a 1.2 mile course in center city Charlotte.
Be sure to look for the official race guide at the Criterium featuring information on racers and sponsors of the event. Find a copy at the Expo area and bins throughout the course. Race photographs in the guide are courtesy of Weldon Weaver
The most elite cycling teams will be invited to participate in the criterium. Invitation criteria and information can be found here.
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule and additional info.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Police: man jailed after knife attack on his own mother
- Newlywed man shot in head during break-in was supposed to be at Florida prison with church choir
- Suspect ID'd in newlywed shooting, considered armed & dangerous
- NASCAR fires up the cars at CMS for testing; watch it free from inside
- Icy conditions for the Carolinas?