Go red for women on National Wear Red Day | Health
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Heart disease is the number one cause of death for woman, and you can help build awareness and inspire action to the issue just by wearing red every first Friday in February.
February 3 is National Wear Red Day with Go Red For Women. The AHA says heart disease takes the life of one in three women each year, that's about one woman every minute.
According to the American Heart Association, research shows that women who Go Red are more likely to make healthier choices.
Choices like losing weight, increasing exercise, changing diets, checking their cholesterol and talking to their doctors.
For more information on how you can help support the cause to build awareness, visit www.goredforwomen.org.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map