Fire in Concord shuts down NC 49 | News
CONCORD, NC (WBTV) - A major highway in Cabarrus County was shut down for more than three hours after a fire broke out at a truck repair shop.
According to city officials, a fire broke out at 1051 NC Highway 49, which houses several businesses, including Whitley Truck Equipment.
The fire was reported at 12:41 p.m. on Wednesday and eight units from Concord Fire and Life Safety responded to the call. Units reported heavy smoke visible on the way to the scene.
The north side of the building is heavily damaged, officials told WBTV and is under investigation by the Cabarrus County Fire Marshall's office.
NC Highway 49 northbound was closed at Stough Road and NC 49, southbound at Old Charlotte Road due to large diameter water supply lines. Lanes were estimated to remain closed until around 4:00 p.m.
There were no injuries reported.
Copyright 2011 WBTV.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map