Missing Cabarrus County man found dead | News
MIDLAND, NC (WBTV)- A missing Cabarrus County man was found dead Tuesday afternoon.
Johnny Jack Mooney was last seen by a family member on Sunday Sept. 23 at around 2 p.m.. It is believed he left home sometime before 8:00 am on Monday morning.
Investigators found his body in a creek less than a mile from where he lived around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Mooney, who lived on Mt. Pleasant Rd. S in Midland, walked daily and has wound up in Locust on other occasions.
While hi dead has not been ruled suspicious, the investigation remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office at 704-920-3000 or 911.
To give information anonymously, you may call Crime Stoppers at 704-93CRIME (704-932-7463).
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map