Hours changing at CCM shelter | News
CONCORD - With winter weather just around the corner, Cooperative Christian Ministry is extending shelter hours for the winter months. Beginning Saturday, Dec. 15, the Samaritan House Night Shelter will open one hour early at 6 p.m. and close two hours later in the morning, at 9 a.m.
Normal shelter hours are from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., however CCM staff hopes by extending the hours they can help the Cabarrus County homeless population stay warmer longer.
“We know that between Dec. 15 and March 15 is the coldest time of the year and there’s also the possibility of inclement weather,” says Marshall Smith, shelter and housing manager for CCM. The changes will allow shelter guests who are not reporting to work or school more time to be in a warm place.
During severe weather events, CCM will make a determination on opening offices early in the morning. Before arriving at any of the CCM locations during winter weather (snow, sleet, ice), including food pantries, please call the main line at 704-786-4709 for a message on which locations are open. The Samaritan House Night Shelter is open year round, regardless of the weather.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014