Hunters cause lockdown at Cabarrus Co. elementary school | News
MIDLAND, NC (WBTV)- A hunter in camouflage caused quite a scare at a Cabarrus County elementary school Wednesday morning.
The Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office received a call of a man in camouflage with a long gun in the area of Bethel Elementary School in Midland.
Deputies arrived on scene and learned the man was a local hunter and was seen by several motorists walking near the school, according to a post from the Sheriff's Office.
The school was placed on lockdown as a precaution until deputies determined who the man was.
The Sheriff's Office is asking hunters to please be aware of where you are and how you will be perceived by those who see you displaying weapons.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map