Another round of rain in Carolinas' forecast | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A storm system in the Midwest is heading East, and the Carolinas are likely to see another round of rain on Thursday.
Clouds will be on the increase overnight Wednesday, but rain chances in the Piedmont are not likely until Thursday afternoon as a strong cold front approaches the area.
Since the front will be moving through late in the day when daytime temperatures are at their warmest, there will be a chance of a few isolated storms along and ahead of the front.
Much of the area can expect a quarter to half an inch of much needed rainfall. Charlotte is currently approaching a ten inch rainfall deficit for the year.
Rain chances will end by Friday, but enough moisture could linger to bring a chance of snow in the mountains early Friday morning.
Click here for your complete forecast.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014