Barrel fire sends three to hospital in Concord | News
CONCORD, NC (WBTV)- Three people were injured from a barrel fire in Concord.
On Sunday, Jan. 20, the Cabarrus County Fire Marshal's Office began investigating a fire incident that occurred on Jan. 19 at 3730 Barrier Store Road, Mt. Pleasant.
Initial reports indicate a barrel fire caused the incident. The ongoing investigation will use witness interviews and examination of materials collected from the scene to determine the cause and nature of the event. Findings will be made public at the completion of the investigation.
At this time, there is no indication of criminal activity.
As a result of the fire, three victims were transported by Cabarrus County EMS to Carolinas Medical Center, Northeast, with injuries.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map