Former fire department building catches fire overnight | News
CONCORD, N.C. (WBTV)- Firefighters in Concord are investigating a Thursday morning fire at the building that used to house the Poplar Tent Volunteer Fire Department and Charlie's Auto Service.
At 3:33 a.m. Thursday, the City of Concord Department of Fire and Life Safety responded to the fire at a vacant building near the intersection of Poplar Tent Road and Eva Drive.
Fire units arrived at the scene within four minutes and discovered a heavy fire.
It took 23 firefighters 26 minutes to knock down the flames.
Concord Police and Cabarrus County EMS also assisted at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map