North Carolina teen killed in Myrtle Beach crash | News
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP)- A North Carolina teenager is dead after a late-night crash in Myrtle Beach.
The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reported Saturday that Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said the young man killed was 19-year-old Braydon Harding of Kannapolis, N.C.
The fatal accident occurred late Friday night when a vehicle ran a red light at U.S.17 Business and Farrow Parkway. Willard said Harding was a passenger in the back seat of the vehicle that was hit.
No further details were immediately available, including whether any criminal charges will be filed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Happy Christmas from Salisbury, England
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died