Day One of Sprint Cup Testing at CMS | Sports & Recreation
CONCORD, NC (WBTV) - 16 drivers including the defending Sprint Cup Champ Brad Keselowski hit the track at Charlotte Motor Speedway for day one of a test session in the new 2013 cars.
One driver is already giving the new car big praise.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. likes the new 2013 Chevy SS because of its look and the way it handles on the track.
"I like it already leaps and bounds beyond the COT," he said. "This car really gives me a lot of sensations that are similar to the old car that we ran 10 years ago."
Even though early feedback is positive, drivers also know this car is a long way from the final product that will take the green flag for the Daytona 500.
"I'm trying not to get too excited or try not to form too big of an opinion," Earnhardt Jr. said. "We got a lot of things to learn about it and there are still some rules to be finalized."
Testing will wrap up tomorrow at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Happy Christmas from Salisbury, England
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died