Utility work planned on Franlin Avenue | Transportation
Utility work in Concord will close one lane along Franklin Avenue NW this week. The two-phase project will result in new water and sewer lines to serve properties in the area, according to officials.
Phase one of the project is scheduled to begin on December 10, and last six weeks. During the project, one lane of Franklin Avenue NW will be closed as crews replace the water line between Crowell Drive NW and Spring Street NW.
Motorists in the area should expect delays and use caution.
The second phase, which will require a road closure and detour, will begin in January after the first phase is complete. Phase two is expected to be complete by May 2013.
For more information, contact the Engineering Department at 704-920-5425.
Upcoming Events near Cabarrus County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014